About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WMBF-TV is the NBC Network affiliate for the Grand Strand and Pee Dee regions of Northeastern South Carolina and parts of southeastern North Carolina. This Gray Television-owned station was launched in 2008 in Myrtle Beach, SC, and was built as a state-of-the-art High Definition broadcast facility.
We broadcast 39 hours of live local news and weather along with NBC programming to 8 counties along the Grand Strand beaches westward into Florence, SC. We also use digital media platforms to deliver breaking news coverage to a fast-growing audience.
Myrtle Beach is a family vacation destination for millions of visitors each year due to our white sandy beaches, more than a hundred golf courses, amusement parks and mild weather. It is a pleasure to work in a city where so many people want to visit.
WMBF News in Myrtle Beach is searching for a motivated and dynamic producer to join our award-winning Morning news team. Our producers are newsroom leaders who are responsible for not only their own newscast but also help make content decisions and confirm information for the entire newsroom. A successful candidate will be able to adapt quickly to breaking news or when new stories are confirmed, be a strong writer, and have a passion for creative showcasing and storytelling. We are looking for a producer who can work well with our entire team—including anchors, meteorologists, reporters, and directors—and can communicate their visions with them.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
* Develop and produce a newscast to include writing, story selection, showcasing, and editing.
* Be available for severe weather coverage.
* Use both newscast writing and AP style.
* Contribute story ideas during daily editorial meetings.
* May include other newsroom tasks as assigned.
* A college degree in journalism, mass communication, or related field is required.
* Flexibility when it comes to day-to-day role in the newsroom.
* Ideal candidates will have at least one year of news-producing experience.
* Must have a desire to win, and the ability to reflect on your work and apply feedback.
* Understanding of and adherence to AP Style.
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
* Must be able to work quickly and multi-task under deadline pressure and breaking news.
* Ability to work long hours, weekends, holidays, and overnights for breaking news and specialized coverage.
* Must be team-oriented.
* Experience with ENPS and non-linear editing software (EDIUS) is a plus.
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WMBF-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free workplace
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.