About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets, reaching 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. By upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and developing the best and brightest employees in the business.
KOLN is the CBS affiliate in the Lincoln, Hastings, and Kearney markets. Located in the thriving capital city of Lincoln, the station is the area`s dominant news leader, with number one newscasts in every daypart. The 1011NOW news brand is well-known throughout the region as a trusted source for quality news, weather, and sports coverage.
10/11 News is accepting applications for a full-time weekday evening newscast producer in Lincoln, NE. You will be the primary driver of a market-leading newscast, finding and producing compelling, important stories that drive viewership.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Be the primary content driver for a market-leading newscast
• Select compelling content, write engaging stories, edit video, and produce graphics to showcase your content
• Communicate with directors, anchors, and reporters from the booth
• Meet tight daily deadlines
• Respond urgently and appropriately to breaking and developing news, helping to coordinate responses or gather information
• Assist with posting content to our app, website, and social media as needed
• Exceptional writing ability
• Exceptional news judgment
• Flexibility in scheduling, to respond to the changing news landscape
• A four-year degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent professional experience
• Familiarity with ENPS, Edius or other non-linear editing systems, TVU, Bitcentral, or ARC Publishing a plus
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KOLN/KSNB-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.