About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
CBS 7 News is the top-rated, long-time news leader in west Texas and southeastern New Mexico.
Based in Midland/Odessa, we pride ourselves in being the dominant player in a highly competitive market where there is never a shortage of news that impacts people on the regional level, throughout the state of Texas and very often on the national stage.
Our team of professionals is committed to sharing the most compelling stories every day…and we know that requires outstanding writers, creative photographers and an innovative production team. Whether we’re following local officers to the nation’s capital to remember their fallen brothers; traveling to Marine boot camp to highlight a local man’s journey; covering a hometown president (George W. Bush) during his eight years in office; or tracking the latest developments in the oil and gas industry – KOSA is located at the epicenter of some of the most important news stories of our generation.
As the only community in the country with an International Air and Space Port, travel to and from Midland from anywhere in the world (and very soon even out of the world!) is quick and easy. We are also nestled in a picturesque region of Texas, often referred to as a hidden jewel that makes for exciting weekend trips for the outdoors adventurer or the lover of rare or unique art.
Learn more about KOSA at http://www.cbs7.com/
Telemundo Odessa (KTLE) is looking for a bilingual producer who could also fill-in anchor and report. The ideal candidate will be dynamic on and off-air and possess an innate desire to inform and empower the community. Candidate must be able to write, produce and present news for live local newscasts and digital platforms.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• To write and produce the Daily Newscasts M-F (4:30p, 5:00p AND 10:00pm.)
• Fill-in report and anchor as needed
• Write scripts, create elements, dictate story placement/flow for newscasts and digital platforms
• Gather, shoot, edit, write, and present story content in an accurate and unbiased manner
• Live Hits/Updates from OTT Desk with Breaking News / Daily News Updates
• Collaborate with News Director, Reporters, Editors, and Producers for daily newscasts and specials
• Use social media channels to build a following/audience
• Work well under pressure and deadlines
• Develop trust and contacts within the community
• Possess integrity and credibility as a journalist
• Pitch stories and investigative stories
• Write/Upload stories for online and digital mediums
• Produce Specials with news team as needed (i.e. HB 87 Special, Election, etc.)
• Attend and represent Telemundo Odessa at Hispanic events on behalf of station as needed
• Emcee/Host Community Event and Station Signature events when needed
• Attend/Participate in station-sponsored events and all assigned special promotions
• B.A. or B.S. Degree preferably in Journalism or English or equivalent experience
• Experienced in linear editing software (i.e. Premiere Pro, CS, Final Cut)
• Proficient in English and Spanish, both written and verbal
• Experience producing newscasts a plus
• Good attitude and team player
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Good driving record
• Solid editorial judgment and journalistic ethics
• Ability to comfortably ad-lib on camera
• Strong news judgment and research skills
• Ability to demonstrate strong social media following in previous jobs
Come join our dynamic news team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload resume, cover letter, and references (include your demo reel)
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KOSA-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus before or by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.