KOLR 10 & FOX 49 in Springfield, MO is hiring a News Producer. The successful candidate should have a passion for writing, a flare for creativity and strong news judgment. We are focused on showcasing daily news and aggressively covering breaking news/weather. The producer is the heart and soul of a newscast. You will be in charge of every story, live shot, graphic, video clip and photo. Strong communication skills are a must. An added bonus to producing a daily newscast is you get to live in the heart of the Ozarks! We’re just a short drive from the great outdoors and some of the best lakes you’ll find anywhere. There’s also plenty of world class attractions.
- Able to make quick and sound editorial decisions, including:
- Selecting and prioritize stories and story development efforts.
- Determine the order in which stories will be told in broadcasts.
- Write compelling broadcast content focused for our audience.
- Be able to quickly adjust stories within newscasts to accommodate breaking news.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers, anchors, directors as well as field crews.
- Write digital platform stories including links for additional information.
- Write compelling teases to bring viewers to our broadcasts.
- Time broadcasts and insure they are clean and correct on the air.
- Edits video for broadcast.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, communications, or related field of equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Fluency in English with strong spelling and grammar.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with both coworkers and the public.
- Proficiency with computers, tablets and mobile digital devices.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work any shift, with some late notice of shift and schedule changes.
Fox49, KOLR10, & KOZL
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar