Do you love local news?
And do you have great attention to detail — even in high-pressure situations?
Do you have a passion for putting together newscasts that people WANT to watch?
KTVB is looking for a competitive News Producer to join our team of award-winning journalists.
- The ideal candidate will have strong, creative writing skills.
- The perfect person for this job must also be dedicated to creating news shows that engage and inform the viewer. They would also look for opportunities to give viewers a voice in our coverage.
- Being an “idea person” is also a major plus.
- A strong candidate will be able to actively contribute to content discussions during our daily news meetings. To do that they’ll have to have a pulse on what people are talking about in our community.
KTVB is the #1 news station in the market, with a reputation built on trust and fairness.
If you think you can be accurate, quick and creative all at the same time make sure to apply.
1 – 3 years
- A Bachelor of Science or a Bachelor of Arts in journalism, communications or other related degree is preferred.
- Strong social media skills, including an active presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Must have organizational skills and be able to work under pressure with strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius is a plus.
- Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills.
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable.
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism.
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY