WNEP-TV, TEGNA’s ABC affiliate in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Pa. is looking for a News Operations Manager. We need an outstanding, veteran leader to evolve newsroom workflow in ways that integrate new technology, maximize the skill sets of personnel, and serve our audience on all digital and on-air platforms. This leader will streamline workflow and cross-train staff to increase news content production.
We are looking for someone with passion, innovation, and a desire to produce great television and online news every day for northeastern and central Pennsylvania.
• Develop and implement technology workflows to improve effectiveness and efficiency of news operations
• Cross-train staff on video production technologies
• Increased role in newsroom oversight
• Assist in assembling newsroom schedules
• Oversee the on-air execution of newscasts
• Lead coordination and execution of all aspects of coverage, from breaking news to enterprise story production and news specials
• Ensure that news coverage meets company policies, industry codes, FCC rules, and station brand values
• Work closely with news director and other senior news content leaders, keeping them informed of plans, strategies, challenges, and progress
• Maintain positive outlook and positive communication
5 to 7 years
• 7 years news industry experience with 5 years of management experience
• Track record of quality journalism and highest integrity and ethical decisions
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
• Strong planning and team organization skills
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, related field, and/or news leadership experience preferred
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.