KIMA is seeking an experienced, hands-on News Director with strong leadership skills and a bold style to lead one of the strongest local newsrooms in the country.
KIMA is seeking an experienced, hands-on News Director with strong leadership skills and a bold style to lead one of the strongest local newsrooms in the country. Our mission is to produce impact stories with a distinctive focus on accountability reporting.
- Managing the station’s news operations, setting budgets, establishing goals and directing the staff that produces 50+ hours of local news weekly
- Responsible for initiating and managing growing content delivery on multiple platforms
- Work closely with local and corporate management to establish News content, philosophy and direction
- Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control, brand compliance, and subsequently provide feedback to all news staff
- Recruiting, hiring and negotiating contracts for news department personnel
- Collaborate with other managers to develop marketing plans, establish ratings goals, and effectively reach said goals
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws
- Will bring strong fiscal experience for both operational and capital expenditures
- Must have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple hours of daily newscasts on two stations and must have a proven track record of success in building a winning news organization
- Journalism degree and a minimum of five years experience in news management with noted leadership skills is required
The annual compensation range for this role is $68,000-$75,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, quarterly and annual incentive plan bonuses, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, 15 paid vacation days, 2 paid personal days, 9 paid holidays, 40 hours of paid sick leave, parental leave, and employee stock purchase plan.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group