You know what they say about “variety.” If getting an opportunity to have regular time at the anchor desk, while keeping your hands in reporting, is important to you, please consider applying for this opportunity. WDKY-FOX 56 News in Lexington, Kentucky, is looking for a Weekend Anchor/Reporter to join a new newsroom. We value our viewers and our teammates. The right person for this opportunity is a leader, wants to work hard to win, is plugged in to the community and is compassionate and empathetic.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
- Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner that focuses on creative storytelling.
- Produces newscasts and communicates clear direction with team members.
- Helps in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
- Acts as a field reporter as assigned.
- Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
- Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Edits video clips as assigned.
- Writes content for the website and other platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
- Minimum three years’ experience in reporting or anchoring
- Superior on-air presence
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating others
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Flexibility to work any shift
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar