About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WVLT is located in beautiful Knoxville, Tennessee. We're at the doorstep of the Smoky Mountains and on the banks of the Tennessee River, Knoxville is the 62nd largest television market in the country. In addition to being home to the University of Tennessee’s flagship campus, Knoxville sports a walkable downtown, a sophisticated mix of culture and cuisine, a diverse and robust employment sector, advanced medical care, and amenities found in big cities yet maintains a small-town feel.
The candidate should possess good news judgment, be a strong writer and creative thinker. The candidate should have strong anchor skills, leadership qualities, solid news judgment, and the ability to multi-task. The candidate must have a passion for local news and want to share stories that make a difference each day for the people who live in East Tennessee.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Present information in a fair, unbiased manner
* Ability to anchor, report, go live, field anchor, and present onset debriefs when needed
* Help craft on-air show and content on social media and web that enhances the viewer’s experience
* Must have the ability to post and edit stories multiple times throughout the day to web and social platforms
* Develop story ideas to present including digital components in morning/afternoon news meeting
* Willing to work with our news consultant/talent coach to develop on-air look and presence
* Always present a professional image as a representative of WVLT-TV
* Ability to multi-task on a regular basis, meet daily and long-range deadlines, work well with others in a team atmosphere and contribute meaningful content daily
* Candidate should have a degree in Journalism or related field
* 4 years of experience is preferred; ability to produce a plus
* Good driving record
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WVLT-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.