About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets, reaching 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. By upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and developing the best and brightest employees in the business.
WTVM-TV became the first television station on the air in Columbus, Georgia on October 6, 1953. WTVM continues to be the News Leader in the Columbus television market. The DMA stretches across the state line into portions of east Alabama and Auburn University. With a staff of 40+ news professionals, we broadcast more than 4 hours of news each day on WTVM and well as providing news for WXTX, the area's FOX affiliate & WLTZ, the area's NBC affiliate.
WTVM-TV is searching for a skilled journalist to join our Columbus newsroom as an anchor/reporter. The chosen candidate will anchor the weekend evening news with ample fill-in opportunities for weekday anchoring. The shift includes reporting three days out of the week. We are searching for an eager candidate who is looking to grow while contributing to the area's #1 news source.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
* Ability to tell complicated stories with "live-ability" required
* Must possess a strong understanding of daily newscast content and work in conjunction with producers to develop a dynamic product
* Strong initiative, attention to detail, and advanced ethical decision-making skills required
* Present information in a fair, unbiased manner,
* Develop story ideas to present including digital components in morning/afternoon news meetings. Interview subjects and research facts for credibility
* Deliver content on social media and the web. Edit video and stories for broadcast
* Ability to anchor, report, go live, field anchor, and present onset debriefs when needed
* Produce and anchor newscasts as assigned
– Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field
– Excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritize tasks and information under pressure are required
– Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
– Must have scheduling flexibility
Come join our dynamic team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter, and references.
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WTVM-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.