WTIC Newstalk 1080 (Connecticut’s number one radio news operation) is looking for an experienced, energetic, enthusiastic and creative team player for an Full Time News Anchor/Reporter position.
Extensive experience is not necessary, but this is not a training position.
Qualified candidates must have some experience doing radio news.
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
What you will do:
- Anchoring top and bottom hour newscasts
- Operating the audio board
- Going out on location to cover news events
- Writing stories
- Updating our website and assisting preparations for newscasts.
Required & Preferred:
- Applicants must be good writers
- Have the ability to deliver news with an edge, quickly and concisely;
- Have some experience with audio boards
- Have an understanding of digital editing
- Good judgment
- Ability to handle several tasks at a time
- Be a self-starter and possess a commitment to local news.
- Must be 110% reliable and have a strong sense of responsibility
- Must be able to work nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays. This will include occasional overnight shifts.
- A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume and apply at https://careers-audacy.icims.com/