If you love New York, think like a New Yorker, and understand how to write, deliver, and explain the news to the most demanding audience in the world, then let's talk. 1010 WINS on 92.3 FM is seeking to fill one of the most coveted jobs in the business: morning drive news anchor. It is a position that has opened up twice in 60 years. We want someone who has impeccable journalism credentials, plays every story down the middle, writes the way people speak, can turn a phrase into memorable moments, and who isn't boxed into the way news was delivered in the 'good old days.'
We want someone who isn't afraid of getting up at 3 am, loves collaborating and contributing to a newsroom filled with massively creative people, and sees stories everywhere they look. We want proactive engagement on our digital platforms, daily posts on social media, and a strong understanding of how all of our news assets should be integrated to achieve our goals. We don't want out of control egos, toxic flame throwers, or someone who can't match the energy of NYC and a demanding 24/7 news operation.
If you have been waiting your entire career for an opportunity like this, rush your stuff over because this opportunity may not be available again for another 30 years.
The anticipated starting salary range for New York, NY based individuals expressing interest in this position is $136,000/yr – $190,000/yr.
Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and location of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
- Write and deliver half-hour newscasts
- Operate the audio console during newscasts.
- Hit on-air benchmarks every time
- Handle breaking news and live interviews
- Deliver content with calm urgency
- Never compromise on the facts
- Contribute to digital content
- Engage on social media
- Event and Community appearances
- At least 3+ years’ anchoring experience at a medium, large- or network level.
- A conversational, engaging delivery that connects to the audience with or without a script
- Ability to interpret and simplify complex copy
- Familiarity and experience covering news in the New York market
- Comfort with basic audio editing tools
- Knowledge of legal and FCC guidelines that govern broadcast media
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume and apply at https://careers-audacy.icims.com/