About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WLBT-TV, is the #1 rated local TV broadcast and digital media in Central Mississippi. We are a dominate NBC affiliate that consistently produces award winning local news coverage. Jackson, MS is market #95 with a 24 county DMA. Jackson, MS is Mississippi's largest TV DMA, serving as the state capital, with several local universities, and home to the largest medical facilities in the state, including the prestigious University of Mississippi Medical School. Jackson is located within a short drive from beautiful Gulf Coast beaches, New Orleans, Memphis, Birmingham, Nashville, Dallas and Atlanta. If you love SEC sports, we have four schools (Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Alabama and LSU) less than three hours away. And Saints, Pelicans and Grizzlies fans are an easy three hour drive from NOLA and Memphis. The Jackson metro is the economic hub of Mississippi and a great place to work, live, and raise a family.
WLBT, the #1 News Station in Jackson, MS is seeking an organized, resourceful, detail-oriented individual to provide administrative support to the national sales desk. Qualified candidate must be able to assist with all aspects of national television sales to help achieve maximum bookings on WLBT. Successful candidate should have a positive attitude, excellent time management, organizational and communication skills combined with proven skills with the Microsoft office products.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Accurate data entry of all national sales contracts.
• Confirmation of all national sales contracts.
• Assist with all political advertising contracts.
• Provide support to Sales Management and Sales Team order entry in Wide Orbit Connect system.
• Daily maintenance of all national contract revisions, additions and cancellations.
• Daily makegood and preemption reconciliation.
• Daily management of makegood offers.
• Local and network program change notification.
• Research of credit requests or contract discrepancies.
• Daily traffic and copy maintenance of national sales contracts.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Applicant must be detail-oriented, a problem solver who is able to learn new things quickly.
• The ideal candidate is an organized multi-tasker.
• This person can work well under pressure and understands how to prioritize and manage time wisely.
• Candidate should be proficient in data entry and have experience in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel systems.
• Prior experience and working knowledge of Wide Orbit is preferred.
• College degree and sales/ advertising experience is preferred.
If you are qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
WLBT-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.