FOX61 in Hartford/New Haven is looking for a top-notch Reporter/Multi-Skilled Journalist to work part time and on weekends. We are seeking an aggressive, creative storyteller who creates unique and shareable stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing.
• Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
• Develop original content through social listening and independent sources
• Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
• Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
• Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest
• Produce news stories that are unique and captivating
• Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media
• Enterprise news stories
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and social and UGC to enhance stories
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• 1-3 years proven live breaking news and general assignment reporting and strong human- interest storytelling
• Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• Strong social media skills, including an active news presence on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
Work Environment: Outdoors
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.