WUSA9, the TEGNA-owned station in Washington, D.C., is seeking a talented part-time Multi-Skilled Journalist with a passion for breaking news, great storytelling and connecting with our community that includes Maryland, Virginia, and D.C.
If you are a resourceful, assertive, creative storyteller who can execute impactful stories on all platforms this is your next stop. We want you to thrive on delivering dynamic on-air presentations, as wells as writing, shooting, and editing memorable pieces that will inform, inspire and impact our audience.
- Develop enterprise stories
- Focus on ways to add context and perspective to stories
- Write, shoot and edit pieces -use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
- Develop original content through social listening, crowdsourcing, and independent sources
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
- Develop news sources that allow you to break stories
- Operate news vehicle to and from various locations
- Write and post several times a day on all digital platforms
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor
- 3-5 years of experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- A portfolio with examples of strong storytelling
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.