ABC10, the TEGNA station located in Sacramento, CA, has an immediate opening for a Multi-Skilled Journalist to work out of our Stockton bureau. We want journalists who can create unique and shareable stories for all platforms through memorable characters, writing, photography, and editing. Our journalists are expected to dig and find enterprise hard-news stories. You must be able to shoot, write, and edit, there are times when you would be paired up with a photographer. Should be a strong communicator who can report news live and in a pre-recorded format. This position will be extensively covering the San Joaquin Valley with an emphasis on Stockton.
- Write, shoot, and edit content for on-air broadcasting, digital articles and social sharing
- Develop story sources and use social listening to bring unique, community-based pitches to editorial discussions
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
- Write in an exciting, captivating, and authentic way
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (“user generated content”/UGC, virtual/zoom interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
- Deliver active, engaging live shots and standups with current technology
- Operate news vehicle to and from various location's
- Write for the web and social media platforms, including attaching images and streaming video
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
- BA/BS in journalism, communications, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years working in journalism, communications or related field required
- Bilingual (English- & Spanish-speaking) preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing and content management systems
- Knowledge of professional journalistic standards as related to on-air, digital and social presentation
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news reporting
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, active, content-driven live shots and standups
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Facebook and Twitter
- Knowledge of videography, ENPS (scripting) and Edius (editing) a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.