About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business
Come to work with us in sunny Tallahassee, Florida where the beach is close by and the weather is beautiful! If your passion is to help business owners grow their business by making the most of their marketing dollars, this job is for you. WCTV, Tallahassee’s legacy CBS affiliate and the most watched TV station in the region for over sixty-five years is seeking experienced Account Executives to sell local television and digital advertising solutions. Cultivating and enhancing customer relationships is crucial, as there is heavy emphasis on generating new business. Knowledge and experience in selling data-driven digital marketing solutions and critical analysis of digital analytics is preferred. A polished disposition, strong work ethic, and a positive attitude are required. Join this fun and dynamic sales team today!
WCTV, a 67-year-old, Gray Media Group powerhouse station, in Sunny Tallahassee Florida, has an established list available for an experienced SALES PROFESSIONAL. This is a rare opportunity to join our amazing team. We offer a great work environment, have a competitive compensation package and offer some of the top advertising platforms, CBS, MeTV, MyNetwork, CIRCLE, and the largest, most comprehensive DIGITAL solutions in the market.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
• Exceed or at a minimum achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals
• Initiate, cultivate and maintain WCTV advertising client relationships
• Secure new Local Direct advertising business for WCTV and our related properties
• Service and grow existing accounts through the use of creative ideas, special opportunities, and a professional consultative selling approach
• Cultivate positive, long term working relationships with clients, key decision makers, advertising agencies and media buyers
• Have a strong working knowledge of marketing concepts along with a detailed understanding of television and digital media advertising methods and strategies
• Have a firm understanding of the Tallahassee-Thomasville-Valdosta competitive media market.
• Be proficient in all software utilized for daily business (including, but not limited to: Wide Orbit Media Sales, Wide Orbit Traffic, Microsoft Office products, comScore Station View Essentials, etc.)
• Be prepared for all meetings (internal with management and external with clients)
• Meet all client and management deadlines
• Present yourself in a professional and respectful manner as a representative of WCTV and Gray Television
• Ensure all orders are processed correctly and match what was ordered/approved
• Ensure invoices are paid in a timely fashion and billing does not roll over into past due status.
• Proven track record of sales success in local media (broadcast TV preferred)
• Excellent listening, presentation, negotiation and closing skills
• A team player with the ability to create, build and nurture business relationships
• Must handle multiple projects, prioritize and complete specific tasks on time
• Confident personality with a strong sense of urgency and a winning attitude
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• BS/BA degree in business, marketing, or equivalent work experience
Are you energetic, positive, and goal-oriented with a passion to succeed? Our station invites you to send your cover letter and resume, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.