About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WAGM is a CBS and FOX affiliate, with the #1 rated 6PM News in the Nation! Bordering Canada to the north, east, and west. We serve Aroostook County, an area larger than the state of Rhode Island and Connecticut combined. Here it is known simply as “The County”. Enjoy the way life should be, here in the County. With its natural beauty; all four seasons offer new opportunities, from water sports on our numerous lakes, hiking and camping in Aroostook State Park, skiing Big Rock Mountain, or ATVing and snowmobiling our 2300 miles of groomed trails.
A Multimedia Journalist is responsible for gathering daily news content and telling a compelling story through creative writing and video editing for broadcast and digital platforms. MMJ’s cover all types of daily news stories from lighthearted to tragic. The MMJ is also required to cover breaking news with an emphasis on accuracy and quality.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Researching, writing, and editing daily content for television and web platforms
• Working with management and staff to generate stories and content
• Post stories and updates to station website and social media.
• Meeting daily deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to operate and contribute to a team environment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems.
• Ability to research and schedule future stories or features.
• Ability to deliver information live on television using a ‘one man band’ set up of camera, and TVU backpack
• Promo upcoming stories on FACEBOOK LIVE
• Willingness to work weekends/holidays and ‘non-business’ hour shifts
• Appear at station-sponsored events and promote station/brand
• Backup Anchor when necessary
• Other Duties as Assigned
• College degree in journalism or related field preferred.
• Position requires a clean driving record and a valid driver’s license.
• The ability to carry 30 to 50 pounds of equipment.
• Professional appearance a must
• A general knowledge of the use of television news cameras (P2, Sony, etc.)
• A general knowledge of newscast production systems (ENPS, iNews, etc.)
• Interest in sports is helpful but not required.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WAGM-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.