About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KAIT 8 is located in beautiful Jonesboro, Arkansas, and serves Northeast Arkansas and Southeast Missouri. The station is the market's dominant news leader, holding the ABC, NBC, and CW affiliations. KAIT prides itself in being on the cutting edge of new technology in our industry.
KAIT is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic multi-media journalist to join its award-winning news team. The ideal candidate must be a great writer, self-starter, digital minded, social media savvy and a good newsroom citizen.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not be limited to):
– Shooting, writing and video editing daily content for broadcast, social and web
– Ability to produce compelling live content for all platforms in the field
– Generating story ideas and building local contacts
– Journalism or Communications degree required
– Knowledge and understanding of all media platforms, including broadcast, digital, social and mobile
– Knowledge of ENPS and other news programs or ability to learn
– Experience with non-linear editing
– Act as a team player while displaying an ability to handle a variety of tasks, and make sound decisions in a fast-paced, deadline driven, stressful environment
– All applicants must include a current reporter/MMJ reel
– Clean driving record required
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter, and references (include demo reel)
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KAIT-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus before the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.