About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WKYT-TV is home to the CBS and CW affiliates in beautiful Lexington, KY. The station sits amongst picturesque horse farms in the Thoroughbred Capital of the World.
The Lexington DMA (#63) provides a competitive news environment and WKYT has emerged as the news leader, producing over 9.5 hours of news per day. Our team of award-winning professionals thrive in a fast-paced, yet fun, environment.
Lexington is home to a thriving downtown scene, phenomenal restaurants and breweries, and, of course, Keeneland Race Course, the most beautiful horse track you'll ever visit. For outdoor enthusiasts, Red River Gorge and the Appalachian Mountains are calling your name. And in the summers, Lake Cumberland is just a short drive south to get your boating fix.
Lexington is home the University of Kentucky, where basketball is a way of life! Once you see a game at historic Rupp Arena, your life will never be the same! At WKYT, we believe the Kentucky way of life is special, and it's our mission to stand up for those who hold it sacred.
WKYT-TV has an exciting opportunity for a Multimedia consultant to join our Sales team! We provide the culture, tools and environment for you to achieve unlimited success by offering great ideas and creative executions to local businesses. The Multimedia consultant role develops new revenue, focused on the customer’s return on investment. Retains and grows accounts through insight proposals, proof of performance, and maximizing station assets.
Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Create a strategic business plan with manager to meet and exceed all revenue goals and targets on a monthly, quarterly, annual basis.
• Develop advertising solutions for new customers that deliver results to their customers.
• Upsell customers by providing proof of performance and solid results.
• Work target accounts in the pipeline at all times. Replenishes as these accounts emerge.
• Source extra accounts (prospects) in the pipeline at all times. Replenish as these accounts emerge.
• Conduct Needs Analysis and account reviews to uncover the customer’s most essential needs.
• Able to demonstrate product knowledge and value to their customers.
• Able to explain the benefits of Digital (SEM, SEO, Social, Display) and its integration with TV, in tandem with digital personnel.
• Effectively negotiate with customers to meet a winning return on investment.
• Collaborate with Media Manager to provide timely and accurate traffic instructions; conducts account maintenance including make-goods posts, and aging/collections.
• Create and deliver formal written and verbal presentations to clients.
• Use CRM (Matrix) to manage day to day activity, build a pipeline and ensure execution.
• Use CRM (Matrix) tool for projections, weekly.
• Bachelors or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3-5 years of related experience preferred.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office suite, such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word (preferred, not required).
• Team player who can produce quality results and work with a variety of internal and external customers.
• Candidate should be creative, flexible and able to adapt to industry change.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
WKYT-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.