FOX61 in Hartford, CT is looking for a Multi-Skilled Journalist to join our award-winning team.
The ideal candidate is naturally curious, authentic, engaged, social media savvy and wants to be involved in the communities which we serve.
This storyteller should live and breathe our Expect More brand and strive to deliver news to our viewers under three key tenets: Compassion. Community. Connecticut.
You must be willing to dig deeper, seek solutions and ask tough questions.
The ideal candidate knows how to write, shoot and edit… even though you will sometimes be paired with a photographer.
Must also be able to work weekend evenings.
• Develop and pitch unique enterprise stories daily
• Participate in daily editorial decisions and long-term strategic newscast initiatives
• Shoot, write, edit and present compelling stories, either solo or in collaboration with a photographer
• Proven success in delivering breaking news stories to viewers and engaging audiences through the use of all facets of social media
• Write digital stories and post to content management system
• Develop and maintain contacts with local newsmakers, sources and experts throughout the community
• Connect with local communities by meeting with local groups and representing FOX61 at important events in and around Hartford
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Journalism or related degree (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education)
• At least three years of experience reporting or anchoring
• Strong reporting skills and demonstrated experience with live shots
• Flexibility in scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
• Demonstrated track record of producing new reports and live reports from the field using MMJ Equipment & Cell phone technologies
• At least three years' experience as a reporter
• Experience with live shots
• Confident & experienced performance on air
• Ability to handle breaking news on-air, online and behind the scenes in timely and professional manner
• Leadership of the news team and a trusted editorial voice
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.