WFAA-TV, the ABC Affiliate in Dallas, Texas is looking for an experienced, dynamic, enterprising reporter. The successful candidate will be a master storyteller, who knows how to cultivate sources, and use social listening to develop strong enterprise content. This individual should have a commanding on-air presence for live opportunities on all-platforms and understand the fine art of cultivating relationships to land the big story. This journalist should have a history of making news and bring that experience to our newsroom.
- Develop sources to land enterprise, unique and exclusive story ideas for all platforms
- Nuance and develop the arch in storytelling each day
- Need to make and break news
- Approach content ideas with a cross-platform strategy – pitching how a story lands most effectively on different platforms like broadcast, website and various social media platforms
- Utilize alternative presentation styles to tackle visually challenging stories that align with our elevated visual storytelling goal
- Seek ways to utilize content as a conduit for advocacy and community engagement opportunities for the station
- Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
- 5-10 years reporting experience
- History of strong enterprise content produced for daily newscast
- Strong writing background
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Bilingual, (English & Spanish) speaking preferred
- Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking and enterprise news reporting
- Strong social media skills, including an active and appropriate news presence on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY