10 Tampa Bay is looking for an Multi-Skilled Journalist who can shoot, write and edit, and produce with the mindset that we are a ‘digital-first’ newsroom. We want a reporter who can look beyond the headlines to pitch enterprise stories on a broad range of relevant news topics that serve our audience. Someone who sets aside bias and follows the facts. Show us how you can hold the powerful accountable! We want a person who is aggressive, creative and courageous when it comes to adding innovative features for their stories on digital and TV.
In this role, you will:
• Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting.
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
• Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
• Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
• Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
• Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
• Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
• Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
• Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
• Shoot, write and edit packaged reports.
• Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
• Transmit and present exciting live reports with current technology.
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
Here’s what you need:
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• 3 years of experience preferred
• Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
• Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
• A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news reporting
• Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• Strong social media skills, including an active news presence on Twitter and Facebook
• Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.