KARE 11 is looking for a talented and experienced reporter and multi-skilled journalist ready to cover news at one of the best local news stations in the country. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating unique and shareable stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography, and editing. If you're a great teammate and a collaborative newsroom culture appeals to you, we want to hear from you.
- Pitch compelling stories that can be turned on a daily deadline
- Research effectively, develop sources, and build relationships with newsmakers
- Meet broadcast and digital deadlines.
- Communicate effectively with news managers and colleagues.
- Edit digital video and operate camera with video and still capabilities.
- Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
- Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
2 years minimum
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
- 2 years minimum experience.
- High standards of accuracy and fairness.
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius is a plus.
- Strong social media presence desired.
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment.
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
Work Environment: Outdoors
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.