11Alive, TEGNA's NBC station in Atlanta, is looking for a Multiplatform Producer to join the 11Alive Bridge / assignment desk – the nerve center of the newsroom. In this crucial role, team members will work to forward our station’s news gathering operation by fielding, sourcing and confirming information for each of 11Alive’s platforms, whether digital or linear.
Our team is looking for a self-starting journalist with a proven reputation who is eager to discover and break the next big story in the market. They are tenacious problem solvers with strong critical thinking and decision-making skills who can withstand high-pressure situations.
Ideal candidates should be nimble, have sound news judgement, understand the ingredients needed for a great character-driven story and have strong people skills. They also possess expert social media sleuthing skills and have a proven track record of mining the internet to find and develop stories that have impact. Knowledge of the metro Atlanta area and the ability to develop sources and contacts will aid success.
This role reports to the Managing Editor of Newsgathering and would work an overnight shift.
• Sourcing, confirming and disseminating information necessary for the news operation
• Coordinating multiple crews and breaking stories simultaneously
• Enterprising and developing news stories
• Researching stories for facts and credibility
• Using social media mining tools to discover unique content
• Developing contacts and sources to be used in newsgathering operations
• Organizing press releases and maintaining relationships with public relations representatives
• Performing other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producers
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to both work independently and collaboratively
• Calmly and confidently multi-task under tight deadlines
• Ability to handle live, breaking news situations and rapidly changing events
• Previous newsgathering, or at least 3 years of similar experience, preferred
• Sound understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of AP ENPS a plus
• Knowledge of the legal process and court systems a plus
• Work Environment: Duties normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY