FOX61 in Hartford, CT, is looking for a Monday through Friday multi-skilled journalist /traffic anchor to join our award-winning team. The ideal candidate is curious, authentic, engaged, social media savvy, and wants to be involved in the communities that we serve. Your day will start early as part of our dynamic morning team providing our viewers and commuters informed, savvy information on all platforms during part of our 7-hour morning show. By mid-morning, you pivot to our travel & transportation beat covering our roadways, railways, and skyways turning content for our evening newscasts.
- Use Max Traffic technology to provide timely and useful up-to-the-minute traffic reports for commuters on all platforms to help them plan their drives to and from work, as well as navigate road closures
- Monitor traffic cams, tip calls/e-mails, social media feeds, scanners, and other sources to provide reliable and accurate information
- Shoot, write, and edit compelling multi-media content relating to traffic and transportation for all platforms
- Ability to go live on location or from the FOX61 StormTracker (all-weather vehicle) and weather deck (outside) as needed
- Other duties as assigned to include filling in on the news desk as early morning anchor
1 – 3 years
- Minimum two years of experience covering traffic or general assignment news preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience
- Excellent time management skills for a fast-paced environment
- Strong broadcast writing, presentation, and live reporting skills
- Proficient at posting content to various websites
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to shoot and edit video on EDIUS or similar systems preferred
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Genuine interest in all things travel and transportation —your BEAT— to include covering our highways, train tracks, and airports
- Excellent presentation and storytelling skills, an engaging personality, and a commanding social media presence is a must
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.