About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WANF (previously WGCL/CBS46) has served Atlanta communities for more than 50 years with local news, weather, sports, and entertainment. WANF & WPCH are owned by Gray Television, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Would you like to work in the #6 market in a city with a thriving economy and a vibrant culture? WANF and WPCH provide the community with award-winning local news coverage, dedicated community service, and effective marketing solutions for area businesses. Come to Atlanta for the opportunity. The energy…the chance to dream where there's space to contribute. Where creatives, universities, entrepreneurs, and the world's biggest brands intersect. Atlanta has a unique culture all its own with a young population, a bustling city center packed with urban parks and amenities, and famously walkable neighborhoods.
The Atlanta News First & Peachtree TV (WANF & WPCH) Creative Services Team is looking for our next great Motion Graphics Designer. Create visual and motion-based design assets for station branding, commercial, and community projects. Design 2D and 3D graphics for multiple media, including television, digital, social, and print applications. Will produce graphic design assets for other producers/editors/managers in the Creative Services Department. Will also conceptualize, design, and edit complete community, sales, marketing, and branding projects.
With the Creative Services Director and Design Director, create and maintain a consistent, effective visual brand for stations, news content presentation, and marketing applications.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Create visual and motion-based graphics for a variety of projects, including station branding across multiple digital, streaming, and broadcast platforms.
• Create graphics for print ads, event signage, and various collateral.
• Shoot photos.
• Edit videos for multiple platforms and projects.
• Use CMS to post web graphics and create web content.
• Advanced design, motion graphics creation, and video editing and compositing skills.
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro, and related 2D or 3D graphics and editing software and plugins.
• Knowledge of Chyron Prime graphic software, or ability to learn.
• Knowledge of preparing a project for print production
• Videography, photography, and lighting skills a plus.
• Strong understanding of visual marketing and advertising philosophy and techniques.
• College degree or equivalent job experience in graphic design or video production.
• Work well with staff and clients.
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WANF-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus before or by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.