Local 4 News is seeking a Full Time Morning Meteorologist for our 4-hour morning show that splits between Local 4 CBS and Fox18. We are looking for someone that possesses the skills to deliver a dynamic and engaging weathercast in a very conversational style that matches our measured approach and not “over-the-top” weather brand. You will be forecasting for the Quad Cities, a group of cities in Iowa and Illinois split by the Mississippi River. Our ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter who values being part of a healthy, collaborative, high-performing team.
- Produces and presents weather reports for all platforms.
- Ensures that all weather/news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers weather stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating weather programming and other content.
- Responds to breaking and/or severe weather events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
- Works closely with the weather team to develop comprehensive weather coverage.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Writes web stories detailing the local forecast on a daily basis.
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Minimum one years experience in weather reporting or anchoring. (More or less depending on market size.)
- Superior on-air presence.
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Proficiency with MAX weather system.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
- Strong understanding of the field of meteorology and a proven track record of forecasting.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar