Job Description and Responsibilities
WFAA in Dallas is looking for a seasoned Morning Executive Producer. This person must have strong news judgement plus have an eye for creativity. This leader should know how to motivate a fully engaged team and ensure the high-quality standards of the WFAA Morning Show brand are in place every day. The ideal candidate should identify as a strong news leader that can execute vision with urgency and impact plus manage an audience focused content calendar that aligns with the needs of our community.
The Executive Producer Will
- Grasp the content that matters to our communities and know how to bring timely coverage and conversation to our shows every day
- Oversee the morning newscasts to ensure the brand promise and strategies are met.
- Regularly critique newscasts with the staff, both as a team and with individual producers
- Hold a strong standard for the entire newscast and its content that aligns with audience research and needs.
- Identify daily opportunities to have our news get noticed and reach new audiences..
- Lead teams in the creation of unique, shareable content
- Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
- Work with the digital desk to identify and assign content appropriately for each platform.
- Encourage innovation, risk-taking and powerful storytelling in crafting great newscasts.
- Inspire enterprise stories and coordinate special coverage with news leadership team.
- Challenge the norm.
- Help create a multi-platform experience.
- Work collaboratively with other managers and perform tasks as required by News Director, Digital Director, and Assistant News Director
- 3+ years newsroom leadership experience preferred as an EP, assistant news director, or news director
- Experience successfully leading teams through content transformation
- Strong understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, photojournalism, editing, and content management systems a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related a plus
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment.
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.