WLNE-TV/ABC 6, Standard Media ABC affiliate in Providence, Rhode Island, is looking for a Morning Anchor to join Southern New England’s trusted news source. We are in search of someone that possesses passion for anchoring, multi-platform reporting, and connecting with viewers wherever they may be.
News readers need not apply. We are looking for someone with demonstrated ability to engage viewers in a meaningful way.
Beyond the ability to engage, candidates must possess the following:
- Strong journalistic judgement
- Strong writing skills
- Strong field reporting background
- Ability to command breaking news both in-studio and remote
- Natural leadership ability
- Ability to shoot and edit independent of a photographer
- A strong interest in community involvement
Finally, we are looking for candidates with proven anchoring experience. Please have at least 2 years of experience, anchoring in a small to medium size market.
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401K, etc.
- Vacation, paid holidays, and paid time-off
- Exceptional growth opportunities
Send examples (links and/or reel) of your work, along with resume and cover letter to WLNE-TV, Attn.: Business Manager, 10 Orms St., Providence, RI 02904, or email [email protected].
Please denote how you became aware of this position in your response. No phone calls please.
WLNE-TV/ABC 6 is and equal opportunity employer.