Job Description and Responsibilities
KYTX CBS19 is searching for a talented Anchor/Multi-skilled Journalist that is ready to make a Texas-sized impact in Tyler, TX. Our station and community are part of the fastest growing markets in the country.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about journalism, whether it is on camera as one of our lead anchors in the morning or chasing a breaking story. As a station, we value being part of our talent’s success and we are always excited to develop our own stars.
This role is for someone who wants to be the face of a growing community and a leader in and outside of the newsroom.
- You will be asked to lead, on and off camera, including our cornerstone morning segments.
- On the air, you will need to be to able deliver everything from breaking news to lighter moments in a conversational style.
- It is critical that you have an engaging personality that will ignite conversations that lead into compelling and newsworthy stories in the newsroom and outside in the community.
- You will also be asked to contribute content on a regular basis. Creativity is always welcomed!
- We are a station that puts a premium on our anchor contributions. Off camera, we will ask you to become a leader in the newsroom, to include working with a sound editorial voice and having a passion to produce the best quality work.
- This role will require you to engage with the community through outreach events and social media and to be part of all major station events and initiatives.
3 – 5 years
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or mass communications preferred.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience as an MSJ.
- At least 1 year of anchoring experience.
- Excellent writing skills and strong on-camera delivery with the ability to ad-lib.
- Excellent content gathering and production techniques. Shooting and editing skills are a must.
- Preferably all of that comes with someone who genuinely loves this job and enjoys telling the stories of those who live in our community.
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.