KCEN serving Waco, Temple and Killeen is looking for a creative and enterprising Morning Anchor who is an excellent on-camera communicator to co-anchor KCEN’s morning show, Texas Today. We want a journalist who can excel at breaking news. This is a job for a journalist who thrives when creating unique stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing. The anchor must be able to work with producers to develop smart and engaging newscasts.
We need someone who understands what an honor it is to have viewers start their day with us. Someone who realizes that the morning news is as much about delivering the headlines they need to start their day, as a smile. Authenticity plays a huge role in relating to the audience and your fellow team members.
• Anchor broadcasts that are written and delivered in a conversational tone
• Contribute enterprise stories weekly for all platforms
• Deliver news in a smart and engaging manner for a general audience
• Develop original content through independent sources and social listening
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer photos, videos, webcam interviews, etc) to enhance stories
• Strong social media skills with an active presence
• You will be expected to take a leadership role in the broadcasts, assisting with the show's execution and writing
• Community and promotional appearances will also be a part of your job duties.
• Reporting experience and demonstrated anchor experience
• Ability to handle breaking news situations from the anchor desk and live from the field
• Knowledge of non-linear editing systems and ability to shoot and edit your own packages
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to work different shifts, including mornings, nights and weekends
• BA/BS in journalism or a communications-related field preferred
• A portfolio with examples of strong breaking, general, and feature news anchoring and reporting
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY