About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Since 1960, KEYC-TV/KMNF-LD, a CBS, CW, FOX, and NBC-affiliated media company, has succeeded with a culture that values skills, encourages creativity, and fosters professional growth.
KEYC News Now is looking for a morning multi-media journalist/producer, who can also fill-in anchor when needed. We want someone who can connect with the community, understand quality storytelling, and is able to gather their own content. The ideal candidate can handle feature stories one day, and report on breaking news the next.
This position offers a little bit of everything! You'll be part of an established team that helps wake southern Minnesota and northern Iowa to start their day with the latest news, weather, and sports as well as a smile!
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Create and deliver compelling content by reporting daily stories using ENG Equipment
• Use a “Think like a viewer” mindset in covering local news, what will a viewer find relevant
• Edit video blending natural sound with field interviews and reporter track
• Write clear, concise news copy that is balanced
• Shoot video using the station’s broadcast quality ENG Equipment
• Furnish a minimum of 3 story ideas on a daily basis
• Use the newsroom computer system to gather and write news stories
• Update station website and social media accounts throughout the day
• Adhere to station branding and promotion
• Adhere to safety rules and programs and assist in implementing new safety initiatives
• Other duties as requested by News Director and/or Assignment Manager
– Excellent writing skills, solid judgment and ethics
– Driven to develop original content
– Understand digital/social media platforms and strategy
– Produces content with urgency and immediacy
– Strong work ethic, organizational and leadership skills
– Integrity, accountability, teamwork
– Must be able to carry 35 to 45 pounds of equipment
– Valid driver’s license as well as a safe driving record is necessary
– You must be a team player with a great attitude and be available to work various schedules as needed.
– Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, English or related field of study required.
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your cover letter, resume, and references.
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KEYC-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.