About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WECT has been informing and entertaining viewers in southeastern North Carolina for 69 years. We’re in the rapidly growing Wilmington market, serving New Hanover, Brunswick, Columbus, Pender, and Bladen Counties that make up the beautiful coastal Cape Fear Region. WECT is the dominant broadcast station in the market with the most accessible local news on-air, online, mobile, and streaming platforms.
The desired candidate will serve as a full-time meteorologist for WECT-TV and WSFX-TV broadcast, digital, and social media platforms. The most ideal candidate is a dependable, eager-to-learn team player with strong weather forecasting, speaking, writing, and computer skills.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Accurately and efficiently forecasting weather conditions for southeastern North Carolina
• Generating weather content for broadcast, digital, and social media platforms on hard deadlines
• Working with computer systems to generate creative, informative, and engaging weather graphics and presentations
• Delivering content from a studio or remote location
• Working with a team of meteorologists and switching shifts and serving in wall-to-wall coverage when necessary
• Working weekends and producing the occasional weather/feature story for specials such as our annual Hurricane Special
– Prefer a candidate with a four-year degree in meteorology or related field
– Experience with WSI weather technology is a plus
– Experience with CMS/digital publishing platforms is a plus
– Experience with broadcast newsroom software preferred
– Excellent driving record required
– On-air presenting experience a plus
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references.
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
WECT-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.