About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KTUU-TV is an NBC-affiliated television station based in Anchorage, Alaska. KTUU-TV’s early beginnings date back to 1953. Over the ensuing decades, the station has built a reputation of excellence as Alaska's most-watched news source, producing 32 hours of news and sports content each week on television. Online, AlaskasNewSource.com has become a digital news leader, and our mobile News and Weather applications are on the leading edge of mobile journalism in Alaska. Strong reach and brand loyalty are augmented by added distribution to the state's capital and more than 244 rural communities throughout Alaska. KTUU-TV also operates KYES, Channel 5.
Learn what it's like to work for KTUU, watch our video: https://bit.ly/3wcurtb
Alaska's News Source is an award-winning, dominant number-one station looking for a Morning Meteorologist. The ideal candidate will be a knowledgeable forecaster, have a comfortable on-air appearance, and be able to break down complex weather situations into easy-to-understand broadcast and online weathercasts, in addition to providing written stories and multimedia weather content for digital platforms. The Morning Meteorologist works Monday-Thursday from 2:30a-11:30a and from 3:30a-12:30p on Fridays.
Duties/Responsibilities (but not limited to) the following:
* Analyze weather data and prepare detailed and engaging weather forecasts
* Generate creative and engaging, content-driven live shots
* Familiarity with WSI weather system and software is a plus
* Ability to drive long-form severe weather/event coverage solo or in a team setting both in the studio and in the field
* Ability to multi-task, handle breaking news and breaking weather, and adapt to rapidly
* Cover other meteorologists' shifts as assigned, as well as flexibility to cover shifts during severe weather or other breaking news events
* Post daily stories to our digital platforms and social media, including online weather discussions to explain complex weather phenomena in an easy-to-understand format
* Be actively involved on station's social media platforms and responsive to viewer inquiries
* Represent Alaska's News Source at community and station-sponsored events, including school presentations and station tours
* Work closely with the Chief Meteorologist, news management and newscast producers
* Bachelor's degree in meteorology, atmospheric science, or a related field
* 2+ years experience in broadcast and multimedia news content generation
* 2+ years of on-air broadcast reporting/anchoring experience
* Ability to write for broadcast news and digital platforms
* Understanding of principal journalistic ethics
* Valid driver's license and good driving record
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.