THV11, the TEGNA owned CBS affiliate in Little Rock, AR is looking for a talented and experienced Meteorologist to lead our weekend weather coverage. Little Rock is a major severe weather market with no shortage of events to forecast, cover and help Arkansans stay safe. THV11 is committed to winning weather coverage with our “No-hype” weather brand. Weather is incredibly important at THV11 and we have a team of experts we are looking to enhance. This position must have a passion for winning on big weather days and getting creative when the weather is calm. You’ll be able to be a part of forecasting severe weather, ice and snow, extreme heat, flooding but also tell incredible stories of the importance of weather in Arkansas. From farming to tourism, weather is the number one thing we focus on here.
In addition to the forecasting we’d love to hire someone with a passion for telling stories around weather, but it is not a daily requirement.
• Provide accurate and compelling weather forecasts on multiple platforms
• Produce clean, creative, and informative graphics to tell the weather story
• Prepare and deliver severe weather updates, interrupting regular programming as necessary
• Develop story ideas in regards to weather’s impact in Arkansas
• Front stories live from the field or studio with a strong on-camera delivery and the ability to ad-lib
• Bachelor of Science in Meteorology preferred.
• Strong communication skills (written/oral) for on-air delivery.
• Minimum of 1 year of on-air experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to provide accurate weather forecasts using the latest weather technology in a multi-platform environment.
• Exceptional online and social media skills.
• Must actively participate in social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.