KCEN-TV covering Waco, Temple and Killeen, Texas is looking for a dynamic and engaging Meteorologist to join our one-of-a-kind morning newscast. We want someone who has a passion for winning severe weather. The right candidate will have strong communication skills, an engaging personality, and a love of weather forecasting. You’ll be responsible for engaging our viewers on all our digital and social media platforms as well. The applicant needs to embrace new technology and be willing to explore new ways to present the weather story. You'll help our audience understand the climate around them, and how changes in it are impacting them where they live.
- Provide accurate and compelling weather forecasts on multiple platforms.
- Produce clean, creative, and informative graphics to tell the weather story.
- Prepare and deliver severe weather updates, interrupting regular programming as necessary.
- Update website and interact with viewers on social media platforms daily.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Make public appearances.
- Effectively and positively reflect the station in the community
1 – 3 years
- Bachelor of Science in Meteorology preferred.
- Strong communication skills for on-air delivery.
- Minimum of 1 year of on-air experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide accurate weather forecasts using the latest weather technology in a multi-platform environment.
- Exceptional online and social media skills.
- Must actively participate in social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays and fill-in when weather dictates or when necessary.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment.
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.