Join a Chicago media company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
Nexstar Media, located on the northwest side of Chicago, which includes WGN-TV9, WGN Plus, News Nation, Antenna and Rewind TV has an immediate opening for a Media Operations Technician to work in a dynamic broadcast and media delivery environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for operating systems and equipment in Master Control, monitoring on-air operations of multiple channels including national networks and local channels.
- Maintain quality control standards while operating and monitoring systems that distribute content via automation, adhering to company guidelines and FCC rules.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of broadcast operations, with the ability to maintain quality and communicate quickly and effectively with various departments.
- Maintain the highest level of quality control using excellent judgement, anticipating problems and engaging support when needed.
- Attention to detail is essential, be able to confirm elements are airing as logged and looking ahead to resolve any potential issues before they occur.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting techniques with effective communication to best convey the issues necessary for resolution.
- Use a combination of both IT and broadcasting operational skills.
The Master Control Operations Technician is responsible for national network feeds and in working with affiliates that may be experiencing technical difficulties. Must be able to operate ancillary on air equipment such as CGs, Emergency Alerts, caption encoders, routers, switchers, various networked workstations and remote operation of transmitters.
- Three years total experience in either IT or broadcast operations in a professional live media operation required. IT backgrounds encouraged to apply.
- Experience with Florical or other automation programs is a plus.
- Detail-oriented and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- IT experience is valuable and is a plus.
- Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Comfortable in a collaborative and communicative team environment is important.
- This position requires flexibility in schedule and could include overnights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be self-sufficient and have a press-on-regardless attitude.
The position requires membership in the IBEW union and is a full time on site staff position.
If you like team-work, growth, innovative technology, and working in a happy, enthusiastic, supportive and collaborative environment, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Nexstar Media Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that produces and distributes engaging local and national news, sports and entertainment content across television, streaming and digital platforms, including nearly 300,000 hours of original video content each year. Nexstar owns America’s largest local broadcasting group comprised of top network affiliates, with 200 owned or partner stations in 116 U.S. markets reaching 212 million people. Nexstar’s national television properties include The CW, America’s fifth major broadcast network, NewsNation, America’s fastest-growing national news and entertainment cable network reaching 70 million television homes, popular entertainment multicast networks Antenna TV and Rewind TV, and a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network. The Company’s portfolio of digital assets, including The Hill and BestReviews, are collectively a Top 10 U.S. digital news and information property. In addition to delivering exceptional content and service to our communities, Nexstar provides premium multiplatform and video-on-demand advertising opportunities at scale for businesses and brands seeking to leverage the strong consumer engagement of our compelling content offering. For more information, please visit Nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar