About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KOLD News 13 is the CBS affiliate in Tucson and is owned by Gray Media Group, Inc.
Our news department also operates and produces news for KMSB Fox 11.
Our crew of dedicated journalists serves all of Southern Arizona. The station is located near Cortaro Farms Road and I-10 in Tucson, Arizona. Tucson is the 64th largest television market in the United States. The spirit of innovation has always been with the station. KOLD became the first television station in Tucson when it started broadcasting on Jan. 13, 1953.
This Technical Media Producer is a hybrid role combining Live Newscast Directing using automation and traditional Master Control duties which include monitoring KOLD/KSMB/KTTU broadcast signals, commercial playout, and FCC compliance.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
– The successful candidate will direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned and monitor all on-air streams for multiple television services
– Candidate will be responsible for operating Ross Overdrive production video switcher to direct live news broadcasts and pre-produced content
– Candidate will operate master control switcher, NVerzion automation, VizRT graphics, and all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control
– Code and execute local live production with Ross Automation
– Commercial and program ingesting/segmenting
– Preference is given to someone with an understanding of FCC broadcast regulation
– Relevant work experience in broadcast helpful
– Successful candidate should be dependable, well organized, be able to multi-task, possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be able to work calmly under pressure, and meet deadlines
– Minimum 1 year of television production experience preferred
– Variable work schedule will include evenings, weekends, and holidays
Come join our dynamic news team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, and station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KOLD/KSMB/KTTU-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.