The KHOU 11 Marketing Department is in search of a Marketing Producer/editor who wants to grow with one of the most experienced teams in Houston! This job is for someone who is a visual storyteller, knows the latest trends in new media and can quickly work back and forth between projects. This is your opportunity to work in one of the biggest and most diverse cities in the country!
Responsibilities: Strategize and collaborate with a variety of team members, not just in the marketing department, but across the station to bring the brand to life through client and internal collaborations.
• Work closely with the sales department and marketing director to create a vision for commercials in an effort to accomplish client goals
• This position is 80% commercial editing, and 20% station marketing
• Some shooting experience is a plus but not required.
• Understand and successfully execute script writing for promotions and commercials
• Stay up to date on industry trends and implement new ideas into your work
• Excellent time management and organizational in a fast-paced environment
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience is required.
• 2 –3 years of experience in advertising, marketing, or news
• Must be able to manage all aspects of the creative process including shooting, lighting, graphics, videography, non-linear editing and post-production and distribution of assets for multi-platforms.
• Comfortable interacting with high-profile clients and industry professionals
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and other production tools
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast paced environment.
• Identify when to pivot to more urgent projects (breaking news, severe weather) when necessary.
• Ability to take direction as well as offer creative thoughts, ideas and suggestions in brainstorms and pitches.
• Physical demands: Light to medium work, some heavy lifting with equipment
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.