TEGNA’s flagship station and NBC affiliate in Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN is hiring an experienced Marketing and Commercial Writer/Producer.
KARE 11 is searching for a creative individual to produce television and digital marketing materials which advertise for our local, regional, and national clients. This role includes writing, shooting, editing and motion graphics for multi-platform advertising.????
Consumers have options today and that’s why we need your innovative ideas and solutions. You bring fresh creative messages for our clients to grow their businesses and we provide a creative environment to produce effective, motivational advertising. From linear TV, digital video, OTT, and social media, you’ll produce some of your best work here at KARE 11.
You will work with a team of dynamic media sellers and an in-house creative team. This position reports to the Marketing Director and will work daily with the Creative Director. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of Adobe CC, professional lighting, professional and DSLR cameras, and a minimum of 3-5 years of professional video production experience. Candidates will need to demonstrate past work through a demo reel or website with examples of their work (shooting, editing and graphic treatments).?
Here's what you’ll do:??
- Collaborate with sales account executives, managers and clients to create the most effective advertising and marketing messages for businesses working with KARE 11.
- Create multi-platform marketing messages using consumer research when available, applying sound advertising principles and business strategy.
- Provide clear messaging to consumers through effective visuals and copywriting designed to motivate them to act; visit a website, attend an event or shop in a local business.??
- Represent the station externally by interacting with clients in person and through all forms of communication and internally by interacting with stakeholders across multiple departments.??
- Shoot highly- stylized videos for campaigns using professional and DSLR cameras and a variety of lenses and other production tools like sliders, dollies or gimbles.??
- Must be a skilled editor in Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, and After Effects to produce high-quality and professional material that effectively sells a product or service to consumers.???
- Participate in client pitch meetings when needed to help explain creative vision and capabilities.
- Contribute to discussions and develop tools to explain productions such as storyboarding, brainstorming sessions and creative concepting.
- Direct clients and actors on shoots, and ensuring projects stay on task, on budget and on time.????
Here’s what you need:
- Minimum three years’ experience working in professional video production, preferably a media company and/or Ad Agency writing and producing marketing videos, promotional assets, commercial production, digital ads and related materials.
- Consumer-focused style with a drive to produce motivational marketing messages. ?
- Demonstrated copywriting and scripting ability.??
- Write advertising and promotional copy for print, television, and digital effectively and without grammar or spelling errors.??
- Must have strong attention to detail and accuracy with excellent oral and written communication skills.??
- Exceptional skills in Adobe CC, including Photoshop, After Effects, Lightroom, and Premiere Pro??
- Interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with others.??
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record as travel may be required for commercial shoots and production meetings with clients of the station.??
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, design, or film preferred.????
- Must be able to lift, set-up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.??
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY