KBSI-TV, the FOX affiliate and WDKA MyNetwork 49 are seeking a Manager of Business Operations to join our team in Cape Girardeau, MO. The Manager of Business Operations will play a key role as a member of station leadership, owning or assisting with station operations pertaining to accounting, financial planning & analysis, and HR, as well as interfacing with our corporate parent, Standard Media Group (SMG).
- Lead month-end close process for the market, performing customary activities including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, bank reconciliations, accruals and financial reviews
- Prepare monthly variance analysis of budget versus actual and provide meaningful commentary regarding discrepancies. This includes working with key stakeholders on gathering information needed to prepare commentary
- Own Accounts Receivable process for the market, in collaboration with SMG Corporate Finance. This includes monitoring A/R aging, coordinating invoice adjustments with sales department and processing customer refunds
- Own Accounts Payable process for the market, in collaboration with SMG Corporate Finance. This includes reviewing invoices for coding against budget, monitoring invoice approval workflow and follow-up with vendors as needed
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Own monthly and annual financial planning processes, in close collaboration with station and SMG leadership
- Support General Manager and Department Heads with scheduled/ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Process payroll weekly including management of timecards for hourly employees and employee expense reporting
- Calculates commissions for commission-based employees
- Assist employees with payroll and HR inquiries/tasks, in collaboration with SMG Corporate HR
- Maintains station personnel files, status change forms and other documentation, as needed, related to personnel matters
- Assist station leadership in the talent acquisition process as required; coordinate orientation for new hires
- Maintain compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity program requirements (e.g. post positions, maintain EEO files)
- Monitor supply needs for station and manage ordering process with station personnel
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Competitive salary plus generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, vacation, paid holidays, and paid time-off, plus exceptional growth opportunities.
For over ten years, Forbes has called Cape Girardeau one of the Best Small Places for Business & Careers, with a Cost of Living 12% below national average and a great Housing Affordability Index. Cape Girardeau County is known for its beautiful homes, parks, and churches, as well as its outstanding health and educational systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- 3-5 years of experience in a corporate or startup accounting role; media experience preferred but not required
- Analytical problem solver with strong attention to detail, advanced MS Excel skills and proficiency in Office 365
- Displays a consistently positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Exhibits maturity and integrity, with demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
Standard Media Group-SMG is an innovative media company serving our communities through breaking news, impactful investigative reporting, and innovative multi-screen marketing services.
Standard Media Group-SMG is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
Please denote how you became aware of this position in your response.