The Maintenance Engineer participates in managing and maintaining all broadcast and technology related equipment within the facility.
- Participate in managing and maintaining all broadcast and technology related equipment within the facility
- Understand and assist in compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws
- Help implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the facility.
- Participate in engineering and other technical projects
- Evaluate, select, install, service, and maintain facility broadcast equipment and information technology systems
- Work closely with management and co-workers to ensure company objectives are being met
- Other duties as needed
- 3 years previous broadcast engineering experience
- Experience with Broadcast automation systems, routers, video storage devices, SAN storage, Isilon storage, satellite ground stations, and RF preferred
- The ability to terminate broadcast and IT related cables is required
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to identify the development needs of others and coach/mentor others to improve their knowledge and/or skills
- Provide Desktop support
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work extended hours as needed, may include overnight and weekends
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- ‘Can Do’ attitude, desire to learn new skills consistent with good engineering/IT practices
- Must join IBEW Union
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to Walk, Sit & Stand for long periods of time, Lift & Carry up to 80 pounds, bend, squat, reach, stretch, climb up and down ladders, use fingers, hands and arms for extended periods of time in repetitive motions.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar