About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WDAM is the #1 station in the Hattiesburg-Laurel DMA. We are dominant on broadcast and digital and produce news on WDAM NBC and WDAM ABC. Hattiesburg-Laurel is market 167 and we reach viewers in eight counties (Covington, Forrest, Jasper, Jones, Lamar, Marion, Perry and Wayne). WDAM is less than two hours driving distance to New Orleans, Mobile and the Mississippi Gulf Coast. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a great station and company.
The Local Sales Manager at WDAM will be responsible for the oversight of all selling efforts of the Local Account Executives and the support staff to achieve both Local Direct and Agency goals across all available platforms.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead and oversee the Local Sales Teams’ efforts to achieve revenue goals with both Agency and Direct clients in a productive and positive manner
• Maintain effective internal systems to ensure proper tracking of new and existing accounts and keep account executives on track to achieve Local Revenue goals
• Develop and maintain excellent client relationships with Agencies and Advertisers; making sales calls with Account Executives and on your own
• Provide, and demand of staff, consistent, above-expectation customer service
• Strong understanding of marketing and creation of effective strategies to grow market share
• Passionate coaching to develop multiplatform sellers
• Develop new business on all platforms by reaching out to traditional and non-traditional advertisers
• Retain current business and develop new business contacts
• Create and present advertising strategies and ideas for local businesses incorporating TV, online, OTT and digital mediums
• Develop skills of Account Executives to create and present advertising strategies and “close” the sale
• Generate revenue for the station and meet monthly goals through effective outside sales techniques
• Learn and understand the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients and develop ways to help achieve their objectives through effective advertising
• College degree preferred but not required
• Strong organizational, written, and presentation skills
• Proficient in common workplace software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Competitive, energetic, and self-motivated, desire to win traits
• Ability to overcome objections
• Outside media sales experience preferred
• Professional appearance is required
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license, have reliable transportation with auto insurance and a
good driving record
• Must possess strong leadership, motivational, and sales skills with a proven track record
• Exceptional skills in recruiting, coaching, and training sellers
• A thorough understanding of Digital Sales including, but not limited to Targeted Display, Social Media, OTT / Connected TV, Email marketing, SEO, and Paid Search
Are you energetic, positive and goal-oriented? Please join our team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
WDAM-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.