As the Local Sales Manager at NewsWest 9 in Midland/Odessa, you will report directly to the Director of Sales and play a crucial role in driving revenue growth. Your responsibilities encompass various roles, including that of a mentor, coach, collaborator, and activator. With your expertise in local advertising, encompassing digital, linear, and cross-platform sales, you will possess a deep understanding of the local media marketplace. Your ability to inspire, motivate, and incentivize your team will be paramount to your success.
Being well-versed in effectively packaging and pricing local digital, 3rd party digital media, and linear assets for client success will be part of your skill set. Additionally, your track record of recruiting and retaining top sales talent will contribute to fostering an overall culture of excellence within the organization.
If you find that this description resonates with your aspirations and skills, NewsWest 9 might just be the perfect place for you to thrive with active community involvement, innovative omnichannel advertising, and ample opportunities for career growth and support.
- Lead a team of veteran and rookie Account Executives to sell multi-platform solutions.
- Coach sales team to success while remaining accountable to achieving local sales revenue goals.
- With a client-centric approach, arm your team with strategic support to implement results driven marketing solutions across broadcast and digital platforms.
- Manage CRM and audit Account Executive pipelines in order to effectively forecast revenue.
- Identify and implement training programs to keep sales team abreast of industry trends and sales tools.
- Recruit, train, and empower new sellers and retain top sales talent.
- Maintain a positive, supportive, and collaborative culture within the sales department and across other departments.
- Management and execution of administrative duties, collection and billing, account list management and other duties as assigned.
3 – 5 years
- 3-5 years of multiplatform media sales experience or equivalent industry expertise; previous leadership experience, with a focus on local markets, is highly desirable.
Key Skills and Qualities:
- Proven track record in achieving results and leading teams to surpass sales targets.
- Proficient in guiding, directing, and motivating personnel, establishing and monitoring both short-term and long-term performance standards.
- Skilled in identifying the developmental needs of team members and providing effective coaching and mentoring to enhance their knowledge and skills.
Digital Advertising Proficiency:
- In-depth knowledge of the local digital and media advertising landscape, encompassing linear, display, video, programmatic, native, OTT, Social, SEO, SEM, and Email.
- Up-to-date with emerging digital trends and innovative product solutions.
- Experience creating new revenue opportunities through an omni-channel, omni-product sales approach.
Character Traits and Work Ethic:
- Motivated, enthusiastic, and self-starting individual capable of excelling independently and within a team environment.
- Possesses a genuine interest and passion for local, linear/video, and digital marketing.
Communication and Presentation Skills:
- Strong communication and presentation capabilities, including adeptness in using remote presentation and selling tools like Zoom and Teams.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, and Power BI.
- Familiarity with CRM and other sales tools.
- Working knowledge of sales tools, including Wide Orbit and Google Ad Manager.
- Proficiency in utilizing 3rd party research skills such as Nielsen, ComScore, and Google Analytics.
- IAB and/or Google AdWords certifications are considered advantageous.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.