About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WTVY News 4 is the #1 local media organization producing news, weather, and original content for the Wiregrass region of Alabama, Florida, and Georgia. Located in downtown Dothan, AL, WTVY has been the area's favorite local broadcaster since 1955. News 4 takes pride in our winning culture and reputation as the "Hometown News Leader." Leadership is about more than being the most popular. Come see how we're embracing our responsibilities to promote prosperity in the Wiregrass for all. Experience the energy of Dothan's impressive economic growth, while still enjoying a very comfortable cost of living.
The ideal Digital/Local Sales Manager will help our Multimedia Consultants create solution-oriented campaigns that connect local advertisers of all sizes to audiences across multiple screens. The DSM/LSM must be engaged and strategic, with an ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with the entire sales team, creating a high-performing, fun, and successful team-based environment. Living the golden rule and a strong desire to help others is necessary.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
– Manage and lead team by participating in client meetings, building relationships with top clients, and being active in the community.
– Drive profitable growth through management & oversight of ad inventory across core site and audience extension networks.
– Ensure sales team understands and utilizes Digital and broadcast tools & resources to execute effective marketing campaigns. Training may be needed for new salespeople.
– Work alongside current Sales Management team in cultivating & promoting a positive, successful culture. Lead Sales Team through your example & experience.
– Remain current on industry trends in the digital space (e.g., mobile, display, CTV, SEM, email marketing, and social)
– Review and approve new insertion orders in WO Traffic
– Strategize, Communicate, and Execute detailed plans to achieve station sales/revenue goals set by management.
– Create sales opportunities for sales team (e.g., client partnerships, event sponsorship, app sponsorships, programming sponsorships)
– Track all Digital and broadcast campaigns to ensure client goals are achieved.
– Working with the Sales Assistant to help provide support for the sales team and to ensure client goals are met.
– Generate sales reports weekly (Pacing, Forecasting & Corp. Revenue Updates)
– Be proficient in TV basics, ComScore, Nielsen, programming avails & schedules.
– Must have proven, successful experience in Digital & Broadcast sales.
– Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in addition to excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
– Ability to work independently with minimal supervision yet committed to a positive team environment.
– Strong organizational, prioritizing & leadership skills within a fast-paced environment.
– Able to manage the decision-making process quickly, accurately, and calmly, adapting quickly to changing priorities.
– The ideal candidate has 4+ years' work experience in digital & broadcast media, preferably in sales management.
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your cover letter, resume, and references.
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WTVY-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.