Job Description and Responsibilities
The position is responsible for the integration, maintenance, operation, and support of broadcast and business information technology systems and reports to the Supervisor of Technology & Operations.
- Support day to day operations of broadcast information technology systems, software, and equipment.
- Activate and deactivate user accounts as well as set up user workspace with computer gear.
- Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware, software, and peripherals, including PCs and PC applications, and virus protection.
- Maintain Windows Server and Active Directory in a complex LAN and WAN computing environment.
- Image computers and servers.
- Create and maintain documentation of system configuration. Proficient with Microsoft Excel and SharePoint sites.
- Maintain knowledge and stay current on technological advances including computer software and hardware, media and entertainment technologies, television broadcasting, studio production and workstation products.
- Willing to train on IT and Broadcast system operation and maintenance to service all aspects of the television environment.
- Ensure that the facility hits monthly patching targets. This position is primarily responsible for running tickets in ServiceNow.
- Be available to work various hours and days including weekends, overnights, special projects, and holidays.
- Other duties as directed.
- Work closely with all departments providing great customer server IT support.
- Effectively communicate the status of problems, provide updates to progress on projects, and offer solutions to technical issues.
- Computer Science or IT related degree or equivalent education and experience
- Solid understanding of current computer hardware, network technologies, and Microsoft’s Active Directory environment
- Great customer service and organization skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical end users.
- Have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand and power tools, work on small components, and perform other physical tasks.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Moderate risk: involves moderate risks or discomforts that require special safety precautions.
- Physical Demands Set: Heavy work: Involves standing, stooping, bending, using force, lifting/pushing up to 50 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY