About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WALB-TV is the dominant #1 news station and is an award-winning NBC / ABC affiliate in Albany, GA. WALB began broadcasting in 1954 and was the first Gray Television Station. WALB covers and serves more than 40 counties across South Georgia.
WALB is seeking a full-time IT Engineer. This position will be responsible for providing end-user support and maintenance of our vast number of computers, servers, routers, network, automated news production equipment, commercial and programming playout systems, etc.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
• Maintain all computer systems including desktops, laptops, servers.
• Provide end-user support for all computer systems.
• Maintain and manage station IP network.
• Participate in the maintenance and repair of broadcast engineering systems including our commercial/programming playout system, our automated news production equipment, OTT desk, news acquisition equipment, and all other broadcast equipment.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• 2-year degree in information technology, computer sciences, electronic technology, or a related field. Equivalent work experience may suffice.
• Knowledge of computer networking, software and hardware maintenance, and virtual computing platforms.
• Ability to be on call and work a flexible schedule that will include occasional overtime on weeknights, weekends and holidays in support of our 24x7x365 broadcast operation.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision, yet committed to the team environment.
• Must be dependable and punctual.
• Clean Driving Record & dependable transportation.
The following are not required but will be considered plusses:
• Any experience working in a broadcast television environment.
• Any IT or networking certifications.
• Any related degrees above an associate's degree.
• Any knowledge of RF systems including transmitters, feedlines, antennas, microwave transmission systems, transmitter remote control systems, towers, and tower lighting maintenance.
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", we encourage you to upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
WALB-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.