WCHS-TV is looking for an HR Coordinator who will be responsible for direct support and guidance in various functional areas of human resources and payroll, supporting 90+ employees under the general direction of the Station’s Business Manager and Corporate Regional HR Manager.
WCHS-TV is looking for an HR Coordinator who will be responsible for direct support and guidance in various functional areas of human resources and payroll, supporting 90+ employees under the general direction of the Station’s Business Manager and Corporate Regional HR Manager. The ideal candidate has a minimum of one year of experience in human resources working in a fast-paced environment. Positive attitude, effective communication, follow-through, and attention to detail are must-have attributes for this position. The HR Coordinator supports processes (almost all paperless) associated with the employee lifecycle: recruitment, onboarding/exiting, and general HR administration and customer service. This is an hourly, on-site position.
While no day will be exactly the same, you’ll be involved in a variety of HR functions will include but not be limited to:
- Collaborate in a team-based environment; providing excellent, friendly and responsive customer service to employees and managers
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our people, our work and our culture
- Support the recruitment process, i.e., post jobs in ATS, prepare offer letters and pre-employment paperwork, conduct background checks, etc.
- Ensure compliance with FCC/EEO regulations in all aspects of recruitment and hiring
- Coordinate onboarding/offboarding processes, present information and materials, and ensure all onboarding/exiting tasks are complete within the appropriate systems
- Maintain a working knowledge of our cloud based HRIS (Oracle) and provide guidance to managers and employees including, but not limited to the following HRIS modules: self-service, HCM, recruiting, onboarding, time and attendance, performance, and compensation
- Support the benefits administration process by maintaining working knowledge of company's benefit plans, assist in the Open Enrollment process including employee education and communication, and audit as needed
- Respond to unemployment claims, workers compensation claims, and employment verifications
- Prepare and review of a centralized bi-weekly payroll process for hourly and salaried staff
- Assist leadership with routine reporting, such as OT, contract dates, etc.
- Interpret and apply company policies and procedures
- Maintain confidential, electronic HR records for all employees
- Assist in planning and coordinating team trainings, morale events, and activities
- Perform other related duties and projects as required and assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources OR at least one year of experience in at least two functional areas of HR (for example, Recruiting/Onboarding and Offboarding)
- Experience with payroll processes and reviews is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated experience working with a HRIS
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to exhibit a high degree of confidentiality and proper judgement under pressure and in sensitive situations
- A positive attitude and high level of commitment to execution of job duties
- Organizational and time management skills with expert attention to detail
- Independent judgment to plan, organize, and prioritize workload
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group