The General Assignment Reporter will produce impactful stories with a distinctive focus on Central Ohio. Responsibilities include creating content on deadline for multiple media platforms; including linear, internet and digital channels as well as social media.
WSYX/WTTE is looking for an aggressive, creative General Assignment Reporter to help us continue our ratings dominance. We are looking for a self-motivated, highly energetic, team player who can think and perform outside the box. The perfect candidate should be able to develop unique story ideas, have sound writing skills, a great work ethic and a positive can-do attitude. The journalist selected to join our team will also have excellent skills in live reporting and thrive in high pressure, breaking news situations.
No day will look the same as a Reporter, however, the main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Create and write meaningful stories for station’s newscast that can be used across multiple platforms
- Provide news on-air as directed from the news management team
- Engage with local community members
- Review material for fairness, accuracy, and balance
- Work closely with all members of the news team, which would include Producers, Editors, Anchors, News Directors etc..
Additionally, this person should have a…
- Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
- Excel in storytelling across multiple platforms
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills are a must
- 2 years of experience as a Reporter
- Must be able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group